Kozy Barn Recycle Program:
According to saveonenergy.com, the average American throws away 4.4 pounds of trash everyday. With about 323 million people that is roughly 728,000 pounds of trash being thrown out everyday.
When you think about it, that is an enormous amount of trash. At Kozy Barn, we want to make a difference and reduce waste with our recycle program!
How it works:
Save your lids, vessels (i.e., glass, concrete, tins, etc.) - when you save 10 or more of each item send us a message and we will send you a shipping label to ship the items back to us.
Please remember to carefully pack anything that is fragile, so it doesn’t break on the way back to our receiving warehouse. Save your shipping and product boxes including the packing material from your original order and use this to ship everything back to us.
We love it when our customers recycle, reuse, and reduce waste. In most cases, we can reuse the lids, vessels, and tins. We can’t reuse the wick tabs so those should go to recycling, and the labels are recyclable also.
Tips on how to reuse vessels/containers at home:
- Classic and Mason Jars, these types of glass jars are actual drinking glasses, and as a bonus, the mason jars can be used for canning. Make sure before you reuse these glass containers, they are cleaned thoroughly by removing any excess soy wax. These glasses can be cleaned by simply washing them with warm or hot water and your favorite dish soap. Because soy wax is a much softer and simpler to work with then other types of wax, our candle jars can be cleaned for reuse.
- How to clean glass containers, simply heat water in a pot on the stove or use hot water from the facet. Pour the heated (not boiling) water into the candle container. Wait until the container cools down and then pour the contents into a disposable cup lined with paper towels. Next, gently scoop out the warmed wax with a plastic spoon. Wipe clean and wash the container with warm soapy water. Use rubbing alcohol on a paper towel to remove any remaining scent left on the container or run it through a dishwasher. The cleaned containers are a nice touch for any special occasion or you can reuse them around your house to store little things like paper clips, thumb tacks, etc.
- Concrete Vessels, when you are finished burning your concrete candles and want to reuse the vessels, there are many things you can reuse these for, one of our favorite uses is as planters! These vessels make plants look awesome in your home, and the fun part, is watching your creation grow, or you can repot an already bloomed plant. The choice is yours and there are many to chose from.
- How to clean concrete vessels, following a similar method for cleaning glass containers, gently clean the vessels by heating water in a pot or use hot water from the faucet and pour it into the container, wait until the container cools down and then pour the contents into a disposable cup lined with paper towels. Gently scoop out the cooled wax with a plastic spoon and finish by wiping clean and washing the container with warm soapy water.
- Tins, there are many ways you can reuse tins. They are a great way to store little things like screws, nails, safety pins, paperclips, etc. If you are going for more of a rustic look in your home they can also be used as planters for plants, real or fake. How to clean your tins, gently clean the container by heating water or using hot water from the faucet (be careful, tins can get very hot to touch). Wait until the container cools down and then pour the contents into a disposable cup lined with paper towels. Gently scoop out wax with a plastic spoon and wipe clean and wash the tin with warm soapy water.